Hair removal has become a necessity for most people. Done at home with hair removal creams, the method is increasingly popular amongst the young race of today. There are many other procedures, however, for removing unnecessary hair from different parts of the body, such as hands, legs, armpits, belly etc. Whether you would simply want to reduce hair or get rid of it completely, you will have to find out the best suitable technique for your skin. But before you start using hair removal creams, you need to learn ways to maintain your skin after removal so that side effects can be reduced. Whilst you may not experience side effects immediately after removing hair, the experience can leave you with patches and skin irritation.
Tips to Follow
- Keep The Area Cool: After you have removed from any of your body part, you may notice some changes. You can immediately apply a cold compress so that it can ease the itchy and picky feeling you experience. Irritation and itch is also very common experience after hair removal, whether you have waxed or used a hair removal cream.
- Dealing with Sensitive Skin: Because it is unusually difficult to deal with sensitive skin, you may experience some additional discomfort. It is very important to use a specific skin care product that will soothe your skin, and avoid others that may trigger further discomfort. Products containing alpha hydroxy acid or glycolic acid should be avoided; it will only make the affected area tender. Therefore, you need to handle it with a lot of care.
- Avoid Stress Relievers: As your skin is irritated and you feel uncomfortable, you may be tempted to try some stress relieving technique, such as a tanning lotion or sauna. Avoid any of these for about 48 hours post hair removal. This will give your skin the time it needs to recuperate.
- Make Some Adjustments: It is very important to make certain adjustments to your pleasures and practices. People who have just removed their body are likely to be susceptible to bacterial damage or infection. For this very reason, it is very to be extremely careful in your activities. Abstain from sex for 24 to 48 hours so that there is no risk of infection.
- Wait before Bathing: Do not go for bath immediately after removing your body hair. You need to allow some time to yourself before taking a shower. Best, if you shower before hair removal, or simply go without it. Baths or showers should be avoided, if not, delayed.